Effective January 11 2012. Last updated: January 2022.
1. OUR DETAILS
This website is owned and operated by Motosafe Innovations Ltd (“we,” “us,” “our,” “Motosi” and “Motosafe Innovations”).
Motosi is a trading name of Motosafe Innovations Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales under registration number 13690267, and our registered office is at 1 Borfa Green, Welshpool, SY21 7QN.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, or using the following options:
Online contact form
Motosi takes privacy and security of our website visitors very seriously. This policy explains who we are, how we collect and use your personal information and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
2. IMPORTANT TERMS
Any information that identifies or can be used to identify a visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information we may collect include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
Any person who visits any of our Websites (“you” or “your”)
3. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
What personal information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information automatically when you use any of our Websites:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths).
The following personal information may be supplied by you voluntarily when you choose to interact with us and our services using any of our Websites:
- information that you provide when registering and creating your profile on our website (including your name, profile pictures, date of birth, social media accounts, interests and biography);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts/comments);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
We also advise that before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
How we use personal information
Any personal information that you submit to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy and as specified on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- operate our website and business
- personalise our website for you
- enable your use of the services available on our website
- supply to you services requested through our website
- request and collect payments from you
- send you non-marketing commercial communications
- send you email notifications that you have opted into
- send you our email newsletter, if you have chosen to opt in. (you can inform us at any time if wish to opt out of receiving our newsletter)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud
Motiv8.me is a public Website. Any information you contribute in an article, author profile or comment on our blog or on our may be read, collected, and used by anyone. It may also be shared on any of our websites, including social media.
If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us here. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
Social media platforms and widgets
Our Websites include social media features, such as the social share buttons. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly.
4. COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
We offer every visitor the opportunity to to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. wordworx takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
If you are a resident of the EEA, in addition to the above, you can also object to processing of your Personal Information, request that we restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
If we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Right to Complain
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information:
- If we are required to do so by law. This means that we may share your data with any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency or court.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings. This may involve sharing your data with third parties for this specific purpose.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To a purchaser (or prospective purchaser and their agent(s)) of any business or asset that we are (or are considering) selling, acquiring or liquidating.
We will not provide your personal information to any other third parties without your express consent.
7. LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION – EEA RESIDENTS
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect and use Personal Information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests generally include:
- improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, and services
- ensuring the security of the Services and our Websites;
- conducting marketing activities.
If you subscribe to a service or register with us, we may need the Personal Information in order to perform a contract with you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is required or voluntary, as well what may be the result if you choose not provide your Personal Information.
Where required by law, we will collect Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so.
8. YOUR RIGHT TO OPT OUT
We respect your right to opt out of any marketing communications from us. The option to opt out will always be included within the message you receive from us (usually located at the bottom).
Please be aware that messages relating to the administration of your account and payment processing are not included within this and you can only opt out by deleting your account / profile.
Should you require assistance to opt out, please contact us using any of the details provided in section .
9. HOW WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section explains our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data for our legitimate business interests or to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
The duration of data retention may vary, depending on whether we need to retain the data in order to deliver our services to you and meet our contractual obligations, and whether you have the ability to access and delete the data yourself. Where data is no longer legitimately required, we will make all reasonable efforts to delete it at the earliest opportunity.
We may retain certain data for historical statistical purposes. In this case, the data will be limited to that which is relevant and anonymised.
10. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have taken reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These measures include but are not limited to:
- SSL encryption on our server – all connections are HTTPS
- Requirement for secure passwords – weak passwords cannot be used
- Encrypted password storage – we are unable to view passwords or resend a forgotten password
- Brute force protection on all login areas
- Server Firewall
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by the encryption technology provided by our third party payment processor Paypal who assume responsibility for the security of your transaction.
Motosi.uk accounts require a username and password to login. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential and not allowing others to obtain access to it. We will never ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website). In the event that you have lost a password, we will provide an option to reset your password upon satisfactory completion of security checks to verify that you are the account holder.
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email, website notification or other means, as well as displaying notification of changes on this page.
We encourage you to check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.